Pages

26/07/2012

Next part of holidays adventures!

Wow! Last time I posted something was 10 days ago - lazy me! I'm going to show you next part of places I saw during my stay in Poznań. At the beginning I should mention that I was already in Poznań in 2010 so some places I saw this year I also saw during my first trip to Poznań. And again, I'm writing "we" because I was there with my friends.
However, I also visited places I haven't seen before. Ostrów Tumski is one of such places. It is an island located almost in the city centre on which the Cathedral is located. The Cathedral is a place where first rulers of Poland were buried. Moreover, it was probably a place where first ruler of Poland was christened and Poland became Christian country.

view on the Cathedral from the bridge:

there are a lot of padlocks on that bridge which are padlocked by
loving couples as a sign of love which will last forever
:

 a view on the Cathedral:

 there is a colourful and eye-catching poster in front of the Cathedral
on which you can read about christening of Poland in 966:

What's more, there is a QR code (that is a very nice idea showing that
history is not only a boring visit in a museum) on every of those columns

which you can decode and learn something more about history of Poland:

Now we're moving to a part of Poznań I already saw in the past. Firstly, we bumped into Stary Marych - a monument of a radio play character who is a symbol of a local slang:

look how calm park alleys can be during blazing hot days:

We poped into that park for a while to check if my favourite fountain is working. Last time I was there, it wasn't lauched [you can check it here] so this time a man with umbrella has a meaning! :D

In Poznań, there is one of the oldest zoos in Poland. I like that zoo because of having ring-tailed lemurs which this time were hidden in their shelter. Anyway, we had a chance to meet this charming alpaca which really enjoyed a conversation with us:

 random streets and lovely tenement houses in Poznań
(some shots were taken while walking so they have...extraordinary perspective)





We've seen it! We've seen it! It may be considered almost as a historical bus! It's a brand of bus of my parents' youth. It was called "cucumber" because of sleek, round shape:

Cheerio,
Karolina x

1 comment: