Pages

02/02/2012

Cieszyn, Silesia, Poland

Hello! Welcome to February! It's so cold here last days! I'm freezing and dreaming of spring! :D
That's why this post will reminisce warmer times! I'd like to show you some photos from my trip to Cieszyn which took place on 22th of May 2009. That one-day trip was organised by my Art teacher. Our main goal was to see Art Department (of Silesian University) students works' exhibition. Obviously, we also rambled around Cieszyn.
Firstly, I will show you some photos from the University:



Notice that 3D bed - it really sticked out of wall!

And now it's turn for the town!
View from Góra Zamkowa:

These buildings over the stream are regard as local Venice :)

Studnia Trzech Braci (Three Brothers' Well)
According to the legend it's a place
where three brothers (Cieszyn founders) met.

St. Nicholas church
I think it's the most popular example of
romanesque architecture in Poland! :D
A photo of that rotunda can be found on 20 zloty banknote.

It was very warm, sunny day! I wish it was so warm now, haha! :)
I wish you a lot of warmth!
Greetings, 
Karolina :)

3 comments:

  1. oż, kurka, ale brudy wyciągnęłaś... xD
    ale ten monitor zapamiętam do końca życia <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. E, jakie tam brudy, przecież fajnie było! :P A monitor też będę pamiętała dość długo :D

      Delete
    2. przecież nie mówię, że nie było :D
      hej, zmieniłaś czcionkę! tak, ta podoba mi się bardziej ^^

      Delete