Pages

11/06/2013

London Borough of Sutton

Carrying on with the story about southern London, I visited borough of Sutton last weekend where I found a scenic cottage with a rural name of Honeywood. Moreover, the neighbourhood around seems to be more like a rustic village than the outskirts of London. Inside the building, the museum of local history is housed. I wasn't that interested in the museum though but I came in. I couldn't regret that because I saw an absolutely gorgeous billiard table which is over one hundred years old! And as I really want to learn how to play billiards, that table seemed brilliant to me. What else, oh, the exhibition is also about people's war stories, wildlife in the local pond and agricultural history of the area.

Kontynuując relację z południa, na chwilę wpadłam również do gminy Sutton, gdzie trafiłam na malowniczą chatkę o sielskiej nazwie Honeywood. Dodatkowo, okolicę wokół niej wygląda bardziej jak wiejska osada niż obrzeża Londynu. W dworku mieści się teraz muzeum historii lokalnej, co niezbyt mnie interesuje lecz mimo to weszłam do środka. Nie pożałowałam, bo mogłam pozachwycać się przepięknym pokojem ze stołem bilardowym, a że chciałabym nauczyć się grać w bilard, to był to cudowny widok! A, no i stół ten ma ponad sto lat, a mimo to prezentuje się bosko. Oprócz tego, wystawa dotyczyła losów mieszkańców podczas wojny, flory i fauny jeziora obok i rolniczej przeszłości okolicy.






Cheerio,
Karolina x

1 comment: